Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What a Trip!

Wow! I cannot believe that our trip is almost over! It has been an unforgettable couple of weeks, and I have learned and seen more than I ever could have imagined. We are now in the Italian seaport town of Genova which has a unique feel compared to the other cities we have visited in Italy. I am really enjoying the large city  with a town-like atmosphere that comes with many coastal cities. Genova is the last stop on the Nazi Trail, and we were able to visit the old hotel where Nazi fugitives, Mengele and Eichmann stayed the night before boarding their ship for Argentina. They chose this particular hotel because it was just down the street from a church where they could run for sanctuary if Allied forces tried to arrest them. I am looking forward to finishing up my research and preparing for trial when we get back to Utah. In my opinion, the people we chose to indict were good choices, as they will make interesting cases for both the prosecution as well as the defense. I have loved Europe so much and I am not sure I am ready to leave yet. This trip has been fantastic, and I have loved getting to know everyone and sharing this experience with some friends. I am sure that I will remember The Nazi Trail for the rest of my life!

Caio!

--Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment