Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cinque Terre

Wow, what a busy last few weeks! I can't believe that we are already preparing to head back to Utah. I still feel like we just landed in Munich and were beginning our journey. After visiting many museums and memorials and learning about the rich and complex history of Europe, we were given two free days in Cinque Terre.

This region is along the northwest coast of Italy, and is spotted with little towns that wind their ways up steep mountains. It's an absolutely beautiful area full of hiking trails and boating options. While there we fully utilized their food and shopping options. We were lucky to get fresh sea food and pasta, and boy was it delicious. Italy is really making it hard for me to make wise eating options. The stuff that's bad for you is always the best tasting.

Our second and final day there Kirby, Molly, Adriana and I decided to take the Ferry around the coast. For just 22 euro we were able to visit all the towns along the coast and explore. How lucky, to be able to go out in the ocean and view the coast. The weather was beautiful and the air smelt fresh and salty. My favorite kind of weather. While boating we actually came across a pod of dolphins! Seeing dolphins in the wild is always an exciting experience, and every passenger on the ferry ran over to one side of the boat to catch a glimpse of them. There were so many! They were all just swimming along, occasionally jumping out of the water, much to the delight of the passengers.

I am so thankful for this experience. I've seen and learned more on this trip that I thought possible, and I loved every second of it! I've grown a lot from this experience, and am going to use this knowledge to help better myself and to expand my horizons. You can never learn enough! And I embrace learning the most I can.

It's bittersweet heading home tomorrow, but everything must end. I am glad I went on this trip and am looking forward to our court case hearing once we return to Utah! Being a judge will make this experience even better, in my opinion. Listening to the reasoning behind my classmates arguments will surely be interesting and entertaining.

Ciao from Genova!

-Keni

No comments:

Post a Comment