Sunday, May 6, 2012

Entering Italy!

Wow, how we have traveled! I can't believe that after starting in Munich we have already left Austria and have entered Italy. What an adventure.

While in Austria we ventured into the beautiful Innsbruck. The first evenening there we explored the city, and ate some delicious food. I've decided finding bad food while in Europe is quite the challenge. Everything I've had has been DELICOUS! America, take some lessons!

After our delicious dinner we went back to our hotel and had a lively night in.

The next day we went into Innsbruck and visited the Zeug House, a museum covering the history of the Triol. I am always a fan of a museum, so I had quite an enjoyable time. My favorite part were the globes. Within the museum there were two giant globes, one detailing the constallations, the other detailing all the countries of the world. They were quite old, maybe created in the mid 1500's (This is Jeff's estimation, so we can blame him if I'm wrong.) I was very impressed with just how accurate the globe was of the world. Cuba and Florida were quite detailed, and the other countries were very accurately detailed. It amazes me the amount of curiosity and innovation that the people of the world have possessed. It's because of this curiosity and innovation that our world has changed so much. In museums it's extremely interesting to see the progression of the world and all it's technologies. It motivates me and drives to me to be as innovative and curious as these creators.

After Innsbruck we headed to Italy. The first thing we did while in Italy was hike the Brenner Pass. What. A. Pain. While hiking in the Alps one can anticipate it being a very steep and challenging hike. And that is what we encountered. We had numerous switchbacks and it was a steep, steep climb. But we are troopers, and were able to cross the Italian border into Austria. It was amazing to climb, and the view from the top was beautiful. And to envision the Nazi leaders fleeing through this pass to escape persecution really made you understand just how desperate these men were. I cannot believe the things these men went through to survive. It just goes to show that selfishness is a great motivator!

There is just so much I can talk about, but so little time to do so! Fortunately, my classmates have been doing a great job of updating everyone with what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment