Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Things I wondered about on this trip for Brett, Eric and Angela's Group

There were a lot of things that I pondered while I was on this trip, some of which was before this trip and some was brought up while on this trip and while reading the different books about the Nazis and how they escaped and who helped them to escape, etc. One thing I wondered was why Mussolini joined the Allied Forces when he was a dictator and so was Hitler. I would have thought that it would make more sense if Mussolini joined up with Hitler. Also, why would people be willing to help the Nazis escape prosecution from all of the horrible things they had done? Were they under the "spell" still or are they just sick human beings in general? I wanted to know what reason the Catholic church had for helping the Nazis. I wouldn't want to be involved with something so terrible if I was a well-known religion and famous like the Pope and different members of the Catholic church. I also wonder why people are saying that the Holocaust never happened when we have evidence proving otherwise and there is even a class about it that my fellow classmates and I are taking that is called "On the Nazi Trail" meaning that the Nazi's would have to be running away from something bad that they did, aka the Holocaust and the murdering of millions and millions of Jews.

~Angela E.

No comments:

Post a Comment