Saturday, May 5, 2012

So far, I think we have seen and experienced so much! First of all, I would have to agree with Kirby about the fact that Germany is known for the Holocaust around the world. After taking the tour in Dachau, I was looking over some of the books in the gift shop and noticed one of the books titled "Germany's Shame," which gave me another perspective to the Holocaust story. Furthermore, Germans do feel ashamed of the Holocaust and try to forget that nightmare, by making the crucial Nazi locations part of the cultural and environmental atmospheres of Munich. For example, one of the big buildings was turned into an arts school and the temples of the sixteen Nazi men "heroes" was turned into a green area. Lastly, something that caught my eye at the concentration camp was the size of the barracks. They were so small compared to the other buildings at the camp. Also, later into the war, more prisoners were put in the barracks, over exceeding it's capacity. The barracks were met for 200 prisoners, but on average 2,000 prisoners actually lived in the barracks. I have learned so much in past four days and I can't wait to see and experience much more! -Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment