Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Our final post!


I can’t believe that we are at the end of our trip! It has been an amazing learning experience. The last several days have been a success. We spent a day in Milan on Saturday and saw a wonderful museum with “The Kiss” by Hayes, which is one of my favorite paintings. There isn’t a lot of documented history on the Nazis in Milan but there is a lot of history still. Milan was not my favorite city because it is dirty and touristy, but there was still a lot of really cool history.

My favorite part of Milan was attending mass at the Duomo. It is beautiful and I have never heard a mass performed in Italian. I was a little "erked" by the tourists in there during the service, but it was still a beautiful place to be. 

From Milan, we went to Genova for one night and then off to Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre is a beautiful place. We stayed in Riomaggiore, a city in Cinque Terre. We spent some time seeing the old churches of the towns. We spent a great deal of time trying to find our way through the cities as well!

We also decided on who is being charged while in Cinque Terre. I believe that we made some pretty good choices and these will make for an interesting trial. I am a judge so I am looking forward to hearing the arguments from the prosecution and defense and making our decision.

Overall this trip has been fantastic. I have had a great time, met great people, and learned so much about the Nazis and WWII. I hope that they run this trip again in the future because I can’t wait for others to have the same great experience that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment